Location: Maplewood, New Jersey
Reports to: Director of Operations
StrongMinds is a dynamic and fast-growing 501(c)(3) social enterprise based in Maplewood, N.J, that focuses on one of the most underserved populations and one of the most pervasive mental illnesses in the world. We treat depression among women of all ages in Africa, where access to mental health treatment is extremely limited and we are guided by a goal to treat two million depressed African women by the end of 2025.
Since its start in 2014, StrongMinds has treated close to 50,000 women with depression in Uganda, and recently expanded into a second country, Zambia. We are the only organization scaling a solution to depression in Africa with the potential to serve millions of people in the next ten years.
StrongMinds has earned an impressive reputation in the global mental health space. In addition to media coverage in the New York Times, Forbes and the Stanford Social Innovation Review, we are described by UK organization Founders Pledge as the most cost-effective mental health organization working in the developing world. We are also proud to be a founding partner of citiesRISE, the new global mental health movement.
Position: Administrative Assistant
We are hiring a part time (up to 20 hours per week) Administrative Assistant to join our small, results-oriented team focused on fueling our rapid scale up. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Senior Director of Operations and partner closely with all members of the StrongMinds team. The successful applicant will provide crucial administrative support to the Executive Director, Director of Development, Senior Director of Programs and the Senior Director of Operations.
This role is integral to StrongMinds’ ambitious growth trajectory as we dramatically scale our program. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a number of different aspects of an entrepreneurial social impact organization with an international focus.
- Ensure key deadlines are clearly documented in team calendars to ensure timely submission of deliverables. Own all tasks related to keeping the team apprised of upcoming deadlines.
- Schedule and coordinate staff, Board, and Mental Health Advisory Panel meetings, managing logistics whether by Zoom or in person which could include securing meeting venues, arranging meals and collecting and disseminating meeting materials. Take meeting minutes as requested.
- Manage staff travel logistics including flights, lodging, and visas.
- Arrange travel itineraries for the Development staff which includes scheduling meetings; work with the Development Department to ensure that they are prepared for all meetings and trips with agendas, bios/background data, etc.
- Proofread proposals and reports.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Issue donor receipts and enter data into the CRM system (Bloomerang).
- Maintain G-Suite and Dropbox and provide troubleshooting support for the team.
- Maintain office supplies and record keeping.
- Undertake special projects within the Development Department, such as assisting with organizing fundraising events and business development opportunities, as needed.
- Undertake other relevant tasks as required in a dynamic, start-up environment.
The successful Administrative Assistant will also be expected to embrace and role model the core values of StrongMinds:
- We are people-focused
- We think big and act fast
- We are data-driven
- We do what we say and say what we do
- We believe in collaboration, not competition
As part of a rapidly growing NGO, this role has the potential for advancement. Smart, aggressive and ambitious candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree
Skills, Abilities & Experience Required:
In addition to the required Qualifications/Education, there are a number of skills, abilities, and experience that the successful candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Extremely detail oriented and able to keep track of multiple tasks and issues in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Strong interest in fundraising, non-profits, social entrepreneurship, international development and/or mental health.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to synthesize important information efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent copy-editing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Zoom, G-Suite and DropBox experience is a plus; Bloomerang experience is a huge plus but not required
- Willingness to learn and take on multiple assignments in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills without compromising on quality.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Dedicated to and passionate about the mission of StrongMinds.
- Humility and an eager desire to learn, roll up your sleeves, and contribute to an incredible mission.
- World-class sense of humor.
Location and Travel
This position is based in the Maplewood, NJ offices of StrongMinds. Some flexibility in work arrangements may be available for an exceptional candidate.
On/about June 30, 2019
Please submit a thoughtful and brief cover letter and resume to Kim Valente via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
StrongMinds offers a competitive salary and benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.